Why Choose Us?
- We have 100% trace-ability from birth to counter
- Our prices reflect the current market, plus the cost of adding value, meaning you never pay more than you should
- Our meat is fresh as we only slaughter as needed.
- We support local businesses by stocking their products
- Our welfare and quality is very high as we control the process from farming, to slaughter, then selling direct to you.
The Butchers Shop
The Butchers shop was first opened in 1970 selling Beef, Lamb and Pork. Gradually we have extended the shop and the products while still trying to source locally. The milk and cream are from a farm in Congleton. The ice cream is from 'Cheshire Farm Ice Cream', farm eggs are from a farm in Disley and a local farmer supplies the potatoes. A lady from Timperley makes a gorgeous sticky toffee pudding and pork pies are freshly made on Tuesday and Friday by a local baker with our own pork.
In The Counter
We have everything ranging from a single steak to our best selling 5lb bags of mince and stew. From lamb chops to legs of pork.
Our Tea Rooms are now well established, why not pop in for a brew and something to eat on your next visit?
Our menu is constantly changing as we come up with better and tastier food choices.
We have daily specials which are always changing, make sure you check the boards on your next visit.
Most of the food served (sausages, bacon, etc.) are available to purchase in the farm shop and are made on-site from our own meat.
About Nixon's Farm Shop
The family Nixon has farmed at this farm since the early 1930s when William Nixon and his wife Mary first lived here.
They had a milking herd and delivered milk to most of the neighbours and also reared pigs.
William Nixon then built a slaughter house and from that beginning started selling meat.
Gradually the shop was organised and the farms changed to the rearing of beef cattle.
There are three grandchildren now running the business.